Category
Insight

We are a family business aiming to be a great place to work, full of energy and enthusiasm and with an entrepreneurial spirit

Find out more

Understanding market, shopper, brand and consumer dynamics is key to driving our business.

Stay ahead of the curve with our Category Insight team. Close partnerships between brand manufacturers and our in-house category team means we have the relevant insights to help you make the right choices to drive your business.

Knowing what your shoppers want is vital, our team can support with macro store flow, ranging and merchandising, shopper missions and segmentations and more.

Thinking, talking, and transforming online.

It’s been said many times, by many people, and it’s so, so true. Winning is a team sport!

Read More

Think differentiation - owning customer consciousness

Getting it right is more important than being first… right? In consumers’ minds, that’s not true. Consumers’ impressions are binary: there’s ‘number one’ and then there’s ‘everybody else’. Differentiation means owning consumer consciousness. Consciousness creates differentiation. Without it, you’re just everyone else…

Read More

Rise of eCommerce, marketplaces & delivered

2020 has been a transformational year… for all the wrong reasons. Phenomenal growth in Internet of Things technology, which normally takes years, has happened overnight. It’s not a blip – it’s just business evolution, and the wholesale channel must mature its approach to creating ever more customer-centric experiences in order to grow sustainably.

Read More

What Customers Say, Do and Feel

People don’t think what they feel, they don’t say what they think, and they don’t do what they say.

Read More

Embracing and Leveraging Disruption

2021 is the beginning of a very different new year, how do we address the evolving consumer behaviours through digital commerce transformation.

Read More

So Social

Smartphone evolution fuels social with endless streams of new features and platforms. Social has an estimated 3.2B global users, which grows by 100M daily.

Read More

Convenience Stores

The Convenience channel has shown an incredible ability to adapt over the course of 2020, with new innovations in many different areas, and convenience retailers becoming a lifeline for many people in their local communities. Click on the button below to find our more information as to how we can help grow your business.

Read More

Discounters

The Discount channel continues to gain traction with the way British consumers shop having changed for good. Budget cuts have driven shoppers to the discounters and this has developed a new breed of value savvy shoppers who are here to stay. Click on the button below to find more information as to how we can help grow your business.

More information coming soon...

Wholesalers

Working closely with Wholesalers and the Independent sector ensures we have an understanding of what customers want and how to execute it successfully for your business, your retailers and their customers. We ensure we offer excellent terms, strong promotional packages, superb category led ranges and our staff will provide the very highest standards and in-depth understanding of your business needs. 

More information coming soon...

Away from Home

The Away from Home channel is vitally important for the Wholesale channel. Around 45% of this business is driven through cash & carry depots, with the remaining 55% being serviced by delivered Wholesalers. Consumer trends are ever-changing, and it’s important to stay up to speed. With so many challenges and opportunities facing the channel in today’s highly-competitive market, it’s important to get the basics right. 

More information coming soon...

Retailers and Online

The Retail and Online markets are ever changing, with Online seeing substantial growth throughout 2020 as consumer habits shift. Now more than ever, retailers should focus on online-led strategies to help ensure that brands and products are getting as much exposure as possible. 

More information coming soon...

Pharmacies

With over 11,000 pharmacies in the UK, our dedicated team of pharmacy account managers are here to support you with stocking the market leading brands in Health & Beauty. Our category team have specialised data and insight for the pharmacy channel, offering bespoke ranging advice.

More information coming soon...

To download our Category Insight Guide, please input your details below. 

https://www.dcssalesdistribution.com/email-capture/pdf-embed/

How we can help you

Our Expertise